Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Crazzzy Week-end!

Life did not slow down at all this wknd!

Firstly, it was the long Victoria Day Wknd 'aka' May 2-4.
Secondly, It was my step-D Raven's 11th birthday.
It was a joint celebration with hubby Jay, whose bday falls exactly two weeks later.
***The Birthday Ice-Cream Cake ~ the Fave***
***Rave chose the pumpkin candles ~ that's my girl!***

***The 'moustaches' ~ Ravey-kat's was a knitted bday gift courtesy of Aunt Amy***

I picked our Ravey-baby up late on Friday so that her mum could have a wee bday celebration with her before she left for her weekend with us.
This was a lil' bit of an inconvenience for me yet, I completely understood.
Now under a slight time crunch & fighting the long wknd traffic we set off to purchase groceries & presents!

I took her out & we bought her a new bike (with the help of my mum&stepdad) & then took her bra shopping at La Senza since she needed new.

This was a sad day.

The girls 'training bras' no longer fit & we had to shop in the women's section for bras.
I & her father are a lil sad that she is growing & developing so fast!
Actually, I'm pretty sure that her father is in complete denial about the 'body transition' his young daughter is in!

Aren't they suppose to stay little forever???

So frightened of my children going through puberty. Not sure how to do it or handle it.
I mean, I went through it without a problem - sort of - with only the 'normal' teenage angst & no direct 'acting out' against the establishment & the parental units.
I guess I 'broke' my parents in being the oldest & possibly made it easier for my three younger siblings.
The hormonal imbalances & mood swings! ohhhmygawd!
Not looking forward to that in the next few short years!

But, I digress...

There was massive shopping, running around, cleaning, presents, ice cream cake, silliness, children smiling & a lot of wine 'sipped' throughout its entirety! Everything went off w/o a hitch though.


***My niece, Lilah was ♥'n the cake ~ juuuust before the 'brain freeze' struck***

And, to complete the birthday fiesta, Uncle Kelly - as always - brought Rave fireworks to end the evening.
It was an almost stressful day - surprisingly enough.
I had the dishes done & mess cleaned up early enough to sit, relax, & enjoy the sunset.

***Fireworks***
♥Happiness is friends, family, fireworks (of course) & good food!
♥♥♥ g.m.


No comments:

Post a Comment