Thursday, May 14, 2009

Cuteness in Denim


Well, I attended my sons first school spring concert last nite. ♫♪♫
He is in Grade one this year.

In junior & senior kindergarten, they do a short Christmas type of presentation. You know the kind ~ the one with snowmen, candy canes & 'old school' carols about reindeer & sleighs.
Serving cookies & juice boxes at the end of the performance, while 'Santa' makes his appearance & hands out the 2$ pre-wrapped unisex gift that we (the parents) were asked to bring to school the day before.
Those days are over.
Now, as they join the regular school grading age, they start doing Spring Concerts in replace of the standard Christmas concert.

There is something that i hate to admit, but, I truly dislike watching children's choirs ~ unless, of course, my children (niece / nephew etc.) are in them.
Terrible, this I know.
But, listening to a bunch of kids singing really out of tune & commenting on how beautiful & wonderful it was is not my 'cup of tea'.
I'm sure that the majority of parents (who are honest about it) will agree with this statement.

You find your own child (or small family members) sweet, talented, & absolutely 'to die for'.
Others, not so much.


Anyway, his grade one class did a 'dance' number to the song 'Cotton eyed Joe'.
When the number began I was overwhelmed by the cuteness of my own - very uncoordinated - sons 'dancing'.
He was trying so very hard.

He was tremendously adorable, but, I laughed.

Yes, it was hard to control my giggles as I watched & attempted to video tape the performance. There just may be some slight camera motion.

Anyway, I attempted to 'pull' myself together, & as I glanced over at my husband, I quickly discovered that he too was having the exact same reaction.
We were both wearing a huge smile & our pride was clearly written all over our faces.


So, I am sharing it with you now because it is MY boy, & yes, I find it to be amusing, sweet, & a happy moment for anyone to watch.
Bias, absolutely I am.
But, there is no choir singing.
Just dancing.

Torture free entertainment in my opinion.
Enjoy.


P.S. ~ I later discussed with my darling hubby, as delicately as one can, that our poor son had indeed inherited his fathers 'mad dance skills'!

Poor boy. Good thing he's cute!
♥♥♥ g.m.





1 comment:

  1. this makes me smile EVERY time i see it!
    i ♥♥♥ my lil' man!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete