Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Just a trim...

I have to ask 'why?'.
Why do they do it?
It seems to me that at some point in most every child's life, comes the infamous haircut done by themselves or another child.

And who did it this 'thing' to their hair you might ask them?
The child's answer is almost always one of three - in my experience.
#1'I don't know!' or,
#2'Not me!' or,
#3'So-and-so did it!' which is usually a child too young to even hold the scissors properly.

Afraid mostly, that because of the reaction that they have already seen from the parent(s) that they will be in trouble.

This has happened to a friend of mine very recently.
Her 4yr old daughter decided that she needed a 'trim' out of boredom while at her fathers house. They had been working on growing out her hair all one length & now this has been set back due to the new bangs that she gave herself.
Initially, the blame was placed on my 3yr old. Whom, I might add, is just learning how to hold the scissors properly enough to cut paper. She is quite aways from mastering the skill let alone able to cut a straight line in someone else's hair.

It seems that this is a right of passage for children at exactly this age. I have known of many in my life doing this.
Thank god, so far, it hasn't happened to me directly.

♥♥♥ g.m.




No comments:

Post a Comment