Monday, July 27, 2009

Waldorf Dolls

I have been pointed in the direction of the "Waldorf Method" by a few friends.
My girlfriend Kerri (who was my babysitter as a young girl) is a 'waldorfian'.
*I'm not sure that that is the correct term...
She does all the clothing 'remodels', & natural herbal organic cleaners (which she makes herself), breastfeeding, babywearing, you name it! One down to earth (literally) kinda girl! Many props & mucho respect!

I myself am not a home-schooler, re-cycler of clothing, & an all natural cleaner kinda girl.
I enjoy sewing & creating, but, I also have a strong passion for shopping, instant gratification & want my children to be taught by patient, well educated teachers.
I am not (in my mind) capable of meeting all the requirements of a home-schooled education keeping up with the requirements needed to eventually excel in highschool & college etc.

I was a babywearer though.
And I still am, on ocassion when my 3yr old allows me too!
Anyway, a few friends pointed me in the direction of a special lady (Tanja MacKenzie) that creates baby slings, carriers, clothing for adults & children, & yes, waldorf dolls.
I was checking the dolls out when from behind me I heard a gasp of excitement & an "ohhh mummy! I love that one! The blue mermaid one!! She is so pretty! I love her!"
We have spent much time (over 2 months) saving money in a special jar for her very own special doll. It will look similar to her. Brown eyes, pale skin, dark auburn/brown hair & all!!
She even choose the fabrics for the dresses herself!
We are very excited to see what arrives in the mail over the upcoming weeks.
Photos to follow when 'she' does arrive!
♥♥♥ g.m.

*The photos shown in my blog were the two faves that my miss mina fell in love with.
*Photos are from sewfunky.ca
*Facebook group - sewfunky baby slings

1 comment:

  1. www.sewfunky.ca
    Or
    sewfunky baby slings (Facebook group)
    Or
    Tanja MacKenzie on Facebook

    Both of the photos used in my above blog are property of T. MacKenzie & Sewfunky

    ReplyDelete