Wednesday, July 29, 2009

purrfect nails?

Being a stay at home mum (SAHM), I don't get the opportunity to dress up, wear make-up, & do my hair very often. Sooo many other things come first.
And, well to be perfectly honest, functioning in my day-to-day life while chasing around children wearing heels & worrying about my appearance just doesn't work!
I'm usually barefaced & natural with my hair pulled back in a messy bun or ponytail.


One thing that I do enjoy very much is a nice manicure. It makes me feel feminine & pretty ~ even sexy depending on the colour.
I take the time in the evenings to do my nails quite often.
Purrrfect relaxation & pampering.

I kinda have a very large collection of polish in every colour you can think of!
I love all reds for my toes, & black based purples and blues are usually the colour of choice for my hands. I feel sleek & 'polished' even when I'm - well, not!
I have tried them all ~ brands that is.
Cheap ($3) to Expensive ($15+)!!!
What ticks me off about this is that not one brand can stand up to my everyday abuse!
In a mere few days, it is completely chipped, peeling and looks like shyte!



I go through the whole routine.
Moisturizing, cuticles, filing, buffing, base coat, polish (X2), top coat.
It still doesn't stay put!
I guess I am looking for the perfect top coat.
Closest thing I have found is 'European Secrets Rock Top Coat'.
It gives me at least 3-4 days of nice nails before I have to do it again.
Suggestions are welcome if you know of something better than 'the rock'!
I have yet to find one.
♥♥♥ g.m.


No comments:

Post a Comment